Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

Spring Skirt

3/08/2015
Part of the fun of being a style blogger is the challenge of putting together outfits with hard-to-wear pieces. Every girl has that one thing in her closet she bought on a whim, but might still be hanging with their tags unworn. Given the opportunity to work with Sheinside again, I chose a piece outside my personal comfort zone to show how easy it is to incorporate an unfamiliar piece into an outfit you're comfortable with. This skirt was provided complimentary from Sheinside, though opinions are all my own.

For me, I tend to avoid overly girly and preppy pieces. I'm not a pink girl by any means! Even so, this rose printed flare skirt was super cute and I wanted to show off its versatility.






To tone down the overall girly-ness this skirt could easily add to an outfit, I needed to add some anti-girly: black! Even better, a touch of badass (leather) definitely contrasts with the pink floral print and cut of the skirt. 

Wearing:


Fringe Necklace from Free People (SOLD OUT but similar HERE and HERE)


Aritzia Leather Jacket (similar HERE)




6 comments on "Spring Skirt"
  1. I love this look! Love the skirt!
    Love

    Pili

    Records of my Troubles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit. I love pairing floral and girly pieces with black and leather.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you sassed up such a girly skirt, and the leather moto jacket pairs perfectly with such a feminine piece. Love your style!

    xoxo Nicole

    http://www.brazenbrunette.com

    ReplyDelete