Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

Uptown Funk

1/05/2015
HAPPY 2015!

This holiday season had me terribly spoiled. Besides receiving some incredible gifts, getting to spend Christmas with my entire family and ring in the New Year with some of my best friends and boyfriend was absolutely perfect. The older I get, the more appreciative I am of the memories and time I get to spend with my loved ones.

During Canadian winters, it's sometimes difficult to find outfit inspiration when it's negative 30 degrees outside. To be completely honest, most days I'll be found in a matching sweatsuit with a top-knot... attractive I know. But sometimes we're graced with decent enough weather to brave the cold for a few good photos! This all-leather look was shot a few weekends ago by Courtney Michaud. Honestly, does anything make you feel as badass as wearing multiple leather pieces? Throw in THE most kick-ass wedge booties you'll ever find, a leopard beanie, and I'm sold.




My incredible boyfriend absolutely spoiled me rotten with this Coach crossbody. It's beautifully made with intricate details, everything from the hand-threaded chain to feather accents. 


Favourite new beanie award: from Free People.




Here's to another year of health, happiness, and adventure! Can't wait to see what's to come! xo

Wearing:

Leopard Beanie (similar HERE)




Aritzia Leather Leggings (similar HERE)

Sam Edelman Wedge Booties (similar HERE)



12 comments on "Uptown Funk"
  1. Hey Meg, your bf did well! Love the fringing on the bag!
    -30 degrees....here we are moaning about 6 degrees haha.

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha okay maybe I exaggerated just a teeeenie bit. Today was -17 but I swear it felt like I was about to die!

      Delete
  2. That outfit's cute! I can't imagine the weather you have there! I have never been around such cold weather, and I don't think I'd want to, but Canada would still be neat to visit... Maybe just in the warmer months. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES stick to the warmer months haha. Some of my friends LOVE the cold and are all about the snowboarding and hockey, etc. but not this girl!

      Delete
  3. Love this look. I'd probably use a little color, since I like brights, but leather creates a luxurious effect on matter what you pair it with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy your boyfriend DID spoil you, that bag is gorj!! And oh I hear you, I looked a big puffy bear walking down the street today, I threw chic right out the window.

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so bummed the jacket is sold out. It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did some hunting and I actually found it online at Nordstrom!

      Delete
  6. uhhh I am obsessed! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your honesty about wearing sweatpants and a top knot in Winter! It doesn't get as cold here is Australia but who canbe bothered when it is so cold!
    Love the jacket and the bag (lucky girl!)
    Kelsey x
    www.kelstagram.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love EVERYTHING about your outfit here. The boots, that leopard hat, the fur trimmed jacket, the bag... such a great outfit! Wish it was in my wardrobe :) Hope all is well Meghan!

    ReplyDelete