Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

Dear Charleston,

9/30/2014
Charleston, South Carolina, is 100% the most charming little city in the southern U.S. I have ever been to. Known as the "Holy City," people are as friendly as they come, and you won't get very far without being greeted with a "hey y'all" or "how are y'all doing" for long. Southern charm at its finest, I love it.

We explored the historic Battery along the waterfront, brunched on southern fried chicken and waffles, ate delicious italian ice served on the cobblestone streets (while regretting our decision to wear wedges), and shopped all the cute boutiques down King Street.


Washington Square Park monument


Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge leading to the Holy City



The first of my Charleston outfits (and regrettable wedges on this cobblestone!)



Brunch at Kitchen 208. Had to go with their chicken and waffle sandwich!


The iconic "Rainbow Row" - a strip along the waterfront with brightly coloured mansions.


Once I sweat through my first dress (ew) in the hot southern heat...





Picked up this beauty of a boho crossbody in Myrtle Beach.


Charleston, you were wonderful. Thank "y'all" for your southern hospitality! Can't wait to re-visit. Shop my outfits below!

Wearing:

First Blue Dress by Sunday Best (similar: HERE or HERE)



Brandy Melville Sweater Crop Top (similar HERE or HERE)

Vintage Coin Belt (similar HERE)





9 comments on "Dear Charleston,"
  1. Melodi Steinberg9/30/2014

    This is some stunning photography. You look beautiful and I love your purse. The chicken and waffles sound and look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow amazing photos and ilove those gold rings you have on!! great post :) xo, jess @ dreamingofleaving.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous town and great photography!! Love the outfits as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.M.G. I'm so happy you said 'y'all.' I usually forget that its a southern thing..... I'm so haaapppy you liked the south! Come to Texas next!

    PS... chicken & waffle sammie was a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it looks so charming and LOVE that bag!!

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Charleston on my must see list! There and Savannah !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Charleston is so lovely! I'm obsessed with the colorful buildings and the spanish moss... gorgeous! You look super cute Meghan, love that patterned skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bad is the cutest... I'm in love!

    http://www.skinnybelle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Love your outfits!

    x
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete