Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

Angel Oak

9/16/2014
In the final days of summer, near Charleston, South Carolina, we drove out to John's Island to visit the infamous Angel Oak Tree. The Angel Oak is reportedly the oldest living tree, approximately over 1,500 years old. The tree is native to the low country, and while not insanely tall, the tree basically shaded the entire park. While you're probably thinking, "okay... so it's a really old, big tree," I always find it humbling to see natural wonders left untouched. 








I finally got a chance to wear this neon maxi dress I've been dying to wear all summer long. After we took our photos, I realized how perfect the colour went with the sun gleaming through the trees. Unfortunately it is sold out in neon, but I highly recommend it in its printed sisters!

Wearing:

Indah Dress in Neon (shop same dress but different colour HERE or HERE)

Francesca's Tribal Crossbody Handbag (similar HERE or HERE)




11 comments on "Angel Oak"
  1. Check you out girl! So stunning, love this color on you Meghan and the backdrop is gorgeous! I remember I went here a long time ago but I didn't have a camera with me, guess I need to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! I'm a sucker for maxi dress and this one is a beauty. Sucks that it's sold out in neon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this tree reminds me of the tree in Harry Potter! And love the cut and color of that dress!

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing tree (and dress)! I have only visited SC once and absolutely loved it. This will be on my list of things to do when I go back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, so much to love. The color, the bag, the backdrop. It's all gorgeous. You look stunning, love. If you get a moment, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest look. :) xo

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this tree and now I want to go!! It looks amazing, I love the drama of the branches, like something you'd see in a disney movie :) Lovely outfit too! We should try to meet up someday and adventure !

    Ali
    Pretty in Python
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree with you that the color is so perfect. Not just on the lovely nature but also on your skin tone and hair color.
    xx
    Riza

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sei un vero incanto, il vestito è bellissimo.
    http://piubuonepiubelle.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have THE BEST dresses.

    Jenna from Visions of Vogue

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress is gorgeous. That bag is also really pretty with all of those colors and details.

    Eea P
    www.eeapetrescu.com

    ReplyDelete