Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

The Day We Met

7/04/2014
Walking up the steps of The Metropolitan Art Museum in New York feels like so much more than walking up any ordinary steps. While I could spend a month browsing the incredible artistic works within, the iconic museum of art's exterior alone could tell a story. I envision scenes from classic films, Audrey Hepburn walking the same steps, to modern day Blair Waldof perched with her high society friends. Not to mention, the prestigious annual Met Gala hosting the world's most fashionable icons.

My sister and I decided to play Gossip Girl for the day. After walking Central Park, we arrived at The Met in the late afternoon, then wandered over to gawk at Nate Archibald's townhouse off 5th Avenue.










If only I was as fashionable at 16 years old...










The Met just calls for red lipstick! I'm wearing the "Icon" lip stain, super versatile for all skin tones (and how fitting for the occasion, right?) Seriously, it's amazing, with almost zero transfer once dry. However take note, once it's on, you're committed! Trying to remove without a good make-up remover will only result in a weird smudged-stained lip, trust me! Purchase it HERE. Rachel's more coral-tinted red lip is by Urban Outfitters. Purchase it HERE.

To complete the look, I paired with my loved Audrey sunnies - yes, named after the infamous Audrey Hepburn style sunglasses. Such an old Hollywood look I absolutely love! Shop Rachel and my outfits below.

I'm Wearing:

Hourglass Icon Lip Stain



Black Quilted Clutch (similar HERE)

Mendocino Lace Bralette (similar HERE)

Mesh Panel Skirt (similar HERE)

Fergalicious Gussie Heels





Rachel is Wearing:

Urban Outfitters Pop Lip Stain

Free People Abbey Road Sunnies

Free People Leather Jacket (sold out, similar HERE)

TopShop Romper (sold out, similar HERE)

TopShop Handbag

Navy Suede Booties (similar HERE)



7 comments on "The Day We Met"
  1. You look like you had such a great time and you're right, the MET totally calls for a red lip. Super classy and just perfect for the occasion.
    I just recently went back to NYC and visited the MET and seeing your photos is totally giving me withdrawal symptoms. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it scream red-lip? Haha too funny. Thanks for your sweet comment and trust me, just looking at my own photos gives me withdrawal symptoms too! xo

      Delete
  2. Lovely! Your all black outfit is stunning. I just bought the same top in navy and am obsessed. Looks like you two had a great time!

    Ali
    Pretty in Python
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali! It was an amazing little getaway for sure :)

      Delete
  3. Hooray for the Met steps! I wasn't in to Gossip Girl when I lived in NYC, and I haven't been back since finally watching the whole entire series (in a binge… with a tub of ice cream while Soldier Boy was deployed), so I'm uber jelly of your Blair moment! You look AMAZING! The only thing missing are some macarons!
    : signe : the daily savant :
    $50 FASHION GIVEAWAY $50 JEWELRY GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely rockin' the red lip here girl! Also in love with that outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lets go to NYC!

    You know you love me,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete