Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

Empire State of Mind

7/21/2014
You can ask anyone I travel with, like my girl friend Mash of Mash-elle Blog - I have a bit of a traveller's weather curse. Any time I fly down to Florida and it's predicted to be sunny, it ends up pouring. In Cancun, it thunder stormed 3 out of our 5 days there, and it actually RAINED Day One of Coachella in the desert. It never rains in the Coachella desert!

Which is why when I arrived in Manhattan, armed with an umbrella and plenty of rain gear due to past experience, I was shocked we had a week of cloudless skies and perfect New York weather. Is my luck changing?!


Rachel and I decided to go to the top of the Rockefeller Centre late enough to catch the sunset and be able to stay to see the skyline after dark. But I absolutely did not expect THIS view - the air was crystal clear with not a trace of hazy smog.





I purchased this baby polka dot romper from Urban Outfitters. Basically, obsessed. The silky material is so light and I love the flutter hem on the shorts. 


The perfect view of Central Park


THIS.

Lately I'm also loving these large silver coin statement necklaces. This one from H&M is now sold out, but see a similar one HERE.





The Empire State was lit in rainbow lights for the Pride weekend kick-off.


Hair flipping in the disco light room.

New York City skyline bokeh




Wearing:

Urban Outfitters Silky Flutter-Short Romper

H&M Silver Coin Statement Necklace (similar: save HERE, splurge HERE)

Marc by Marc Jacobs Henry Two-Tone Watch

Anthropologie Embellished Belt (SOLD OUT but similar HERE)

Marc by Marc Jacobs Flipping Out Tote (SOLD OUT but similar HERE)

Anthropologie Sandals (SOLD OUT but similar HERE and HERE)


SHOP THE POST!


13 comments on "Empire State of Mind"
  1. WOW! Fantastic pictures! I can't believe that view! Absolutely loving that romper as well :)

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! I know, we'd gone to the top of the Empire State before but the top of the Rockefeller is WAY better!

      Delete
  2. Amazing photos of a gorgeous view! You chose such a beautiful night to go! I'm a huge fan of your romper/necklace combo. So cute and perfect for summer! :)

    xo
    Ash
    http://www.vogueanatomy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. NYC is absolutely beautiful! I love that your romper has such a delicate and feminine neckline and hem. It creates such a nice balance with the bold accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos Meg, looking gorgeous against that wicked skyline!

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are gorgeous! The first one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the sharpness and tone of your landscape photos! I know how difficult it is to get a 100% clear shot up there :P Also, I think it goes without saying that your hair and face and everything looks absolutely beautiful - especially loving the hair flip photo in the disco room aha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing pictures!!! The sunset, central park, buildings, lights! The view from your hotel to the city was incredible!! And your romper is so cute! Still haven't been to Urban Outfitters (or NYC!), but one day... ONE DAY! :)

    Cat ♥ Cachoo Joo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are simply glowing here! NYC looks good on ya, girlfriend!
    : signe : the daily savant :
    $92 FACE OIL GIVEAWAY : $50 FASHION GIVEAWAY : <a

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect jumpsuit and fantastic shots!

    Groetjes
    Vreeni

    PS: Win your favorite mexican boho dress here: win your frida dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!! The colors really are fantastic in these. Love your outfit and rain does suck on vacation, but we've got a drought in CA so I'm jealous. :)
    Hope you had a good time anyways and stayed somewhat dry!

    Ali
    Pretty in Python
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pictures are awesome! I love the one of you dancing with the lights behind you!

    Michelle

    mash-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That necklace is awesome. New York is one of my favorite cities.

    Eea P
    www.eeapetrescu.com

    ReplyDelete