Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

Diet Mountain Dew

7/01/2014
...baby, New York City! I was lucky enough to spend the past week in the Big Apple with my sister. While we attended some classes at the Broadway Dance Centre, we made sure to explore as much of the city's gems as possible. From Brooklyn to Soho, Central Park to Times Square, here are my favourite highlights:

Top of the Rock. Highly recommend going at sunset and waiting until dark when the city lights up!


Bryant Park, while a fraction of the size of Central Park, is an incredibly quaint space in the heart of the bustle. Complete with outdoor eateries, lawn space, and this adorable carousel.

Bryant Park's green space.

My blogger friend Ashley recommended I visit the Highline Park, which is basically an elevated mile-long linear park above the city reconstructed from an abandoned railroad. It was beautiful, with multiple eateries and juice stands along the walk.   



Top of the Rock at sunset.

Sister sister! The Empire State was lit up in respect to the Pride Parade over the weekend.

LadurĂ©e in Soho, a Paris-themed cafe with the BEST macarons, dessert and tea ever.

You might recognize the Bow Bridge from countless films, but we got to witness a real-life incredibly romantic proposal. So cute!

John Lennon memorial in Central Park's Strawberry Fields.

There's a castle in Central Park! Belvedere Castle is a bit of a hike to get to especially in the sweltering New York summer heat, but the view is worth it.

Time to play Gossip Girl! Steps of the Met.


You have GOT to try the banana pudding from Magnolia Bakery. I will have dreams about that pudding.

View of the Manhattan skyline from Brooklyn Bridge Park.

This moment right here literally took my breath away. I will never forget the awe of this skyline sunset.



I absolutely found a new love for the city after exploring some of the less tourist-y green spaces and places New York has to offer. I would especially love to explore more of Brooklyn which was incredibly beautiful. Next time!

I also want to wish all my fellow Canadians a Happy Canada Day! As much as I love to complain about the cold winters, I love our country and am incredibly proud to call such a welcoming, accepting place as home. Stay tuned for more big city outfit posts!

Love,

MAC
12 comments on "Diet Mountain Dew"
  1. I'm so jealous! It looks so beautiful there this time of year :) and I love your dress in the picture where you're standing in front of the MET!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madison!! It is incredibly beautiful, very hot in the city but I loved it. I'll be sure to do an outfit post from the Met soon!

      Delete
  2. omg beautiful shots meg! you make NY look stunning!

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hanh! It really is a stunning city, so happy I had so much time to explore it this trip :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What stunning photographs Meghan! I recently returned to the UK after spending 6 months in NYC over the Winter season. It’s so beautiful to see how the parks evolve season to season and the city under that gorgeous sunset from the top of the rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dani! I love New York around Christmas time, it's the perfect place to be! Now I have to hop over to the UK :)

      Delete
  5. Anonymous7/02/2014

    Great post! You black sunglasses are incredible! What brand are they??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are the Audrey Sunglasses by Celine

      Delete
  6. You got some gorgeous photos out of the trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! It wasn't hard, such a beautiful week in the city :)

      Delete
  7. The sunset is breathtaking! Looks like you had a blasty-blast.
    Are you ever like - ugh another vacation? Do I have to?

    Michelle

    mash-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete