Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

Travel Essentials

5/01/2014

From Paris to New York, Toronto to Tokyo, no matter where you go it’s important to always bring a few staples when jetsetting to new destinations. Sharing a common interest of the love of travelling, Selbe of Oh, Heaven blog and I give you a peek into our travel essentials.

It doesn’t matter if it’s a 45 minute flight or a 14 hour flight, I always travel with these key items in my tote bag. I like to keep my carry-on as light as possible, but these are my must-haves when travelling:



1)   An oversized scarf is my absolute must! It adds a feminine fashionable element to my usual boring travel outfits of leggings and sweaters, yet can also double as a blanket on a long flight. Try this floral one from Urban Outfitters.
2)   Classic sunnies are always in my bag. I fall asleep on nearly every flight I’ve ever been on and end up looking groggy leaving the airport. These help mask that until I get to my final destination.
3)   Rollerball perfumes are so great! Lately, I’ve ditched travelling with full sized scents because liquids add so much unnecessary weight. A rollerball of your favourite scent can travel with you in your carry-on for easy access. Right now I carry this fabulous Vanilla Coconut perfume by Lavanila, it feels like I can bring the beach with me everywhere I go!
4)   Leggings like these TNA Bolt Leggings from Aritzia are my staple travel outfit every time. Comfort definitely wins when flying!
5)   Eye masks as adorable as these can’t go wrong. As stated, as soon as the plane starts to move I’m usually passed right out, and these eye masks by Mary Green usually signal “do not disturb”.
6)   Headphones, self-explanatory necessity for music or if you’re lucky enough to get your personal TV screen. Check out these cute studded earbuds by Dr. Dre.
7)   A good book always comes with me. I can’t stop re-reading The Power of Now.
8)   Warm socks are always in my bag! There’s nothing worse than having cold feet on a flight that’s blasting the A/C. I love these Cabin Socks by Roots.
9)   I don’t like to wear a lot of make-up when travelling, but this Dior Addict Lip Glow is sheer and perfect.
10)   Don’t forget the carry-on tote itself! I love this unique floral bag from Anthropologie. I like to go with something different so no one else will accidentally grab your bag.

Safe travels!
MAC
10 comments on "Travel Essentials"
  1. Love all of these suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! So happy I got to collab with you on this!

    Selbe
    oh---heaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Studded ear buds <3 <3 <3

    Jenna from Visions of Vogue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swooning over all these items!

    Ashley
    www.electriceelfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I'm not the only girl who can't live without warm cozy socks! Great essentials, couldn't agree more with these. Oh, and how have I not seen your new layout/blog name before?! Love it! So you!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A scarf doubling as a blanket it genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome picks dear !! love to read the book :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks, perfect since I"m traveling next week!
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sleep masks save my life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your travel essentials could totally be my travel essentials. Great picks : )

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete