Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

City Nights

4/07/2014
It's FINALLY starting to warm up a bit in the Toronto area. I've never been so happy to see spring rain in my life. By all means, wash away any visible signs of this brutal winter! It feels like the city is starting to wake up again. I love the growing buzz of nightlife, and some brave Canucks are even starting to brave the patios.

I ordered this kick-ass dress awhile back for a winter formal and I love it with all my heart. The rose-gold on black is beaded in an aztec pattern and I find it so flattering against brunette ombre hair. Best part? Snagged it on a huge sale from Shopbop!








I know what you're thinking. This lipstick looks intimidatingly dark. I found a deal and got a set of 6 brand new MAC Cosmetics Lipsticks and though I was super reluctant at first, "Cyber" has actually become one of my favourites.


Part of MAC's satin lipstick collection, the deep purple colour actually applies quite sheer, making it wearable and not too gothic. You can layer like I did for a darker hue, or apply one coat and blot with a tissue for a wine-stained lip look.

Wearing:

Renzo + Kai "Laura Cap Sleeve Dress" (similar: save HERE)



Aritzia Leather Jacket (SOLD OUT but similar HERE)


Marc by Marc Jacobs "Totally Turnlock Crossbody"



19 comments on "City Nights"
  1. Great night shots!!You look beautiful and the lipstick looks amazing!
    xoxo,
    Rachel
    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Aren't the details great? Thanks for stopping by Bekka!

      Delete
  3. Love this MAC color girl!! Gorgeous dress too! Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog as well. =)

    -Ashley
    www.hautegumbo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks so intimidating at first but I love it! Thanks Ashley!

      Delete
  4. That dress is incredible. I am stealing it next time I see you haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is an amazing dress. I love the way you've styled it to be able to wear it more casually!

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just about dying over this outfit…the dress with that lip shade is sooo good.

    Ali xx
    Pretty in Python

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Thanks Ali! Huge compliment from you!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful blog. I really like your style and that dress. Take care.

    http://lonelywarriorstylediary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely loving your dress and that lipstick! I'd never think to try something that looks that dark in the tube but it looks amazing on!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is seriously to die for!! You pull of the dark lipstick perfectly! Gorgeous!!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great look, and the dress is stunning, love it!
    xxx
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely dress! You have a new follower now!

    www.dodolce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm super loving the socks with boots here! Normally, this is something that I shy away from, but I give you a B+ (b for Bohemian... really, it's an A+) on the way you've assembled the perfect hippie out on the town look!
    : signe : the daily savant :
    : blogspot
    : bloglovin
    : 3D LASH KIT GIVEAWAY :
    : NECKLACE & EARRING SET GIVEAWAY : (2 winners)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dress is GORGEOUS! Love the Cyber on you, looks amazing!

    www.loveandclothing.com

    ReplyDelete