Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

Thai Style

3/11/2014
So if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you'll know it's no secret that since I left Thailand with One Love Yoga my mind has been swirling around all the memories I made and different culture I absorbed during my time away. Coming back to Toronto still in the dead of winter, life feels almost like a standstill here in comparison with all the buzz and frantic, nonstop activity in Thailand. I'll admit: I'm sulking, and I miss it. (Read more about my trip HERE!)

Which is why, when I walked into Anthropologie for some retail therapy over the weekend and saw this elephant jumpsuit, I just had to have it. Similar elephant pants were a dime a dozen on the streets of Bangkok and Phuket, but I kicked myself for never picking any up. And though this jumpsuit is about 1000x the cost, I just love it and couldn't resist.

*Please note* that while I'm attempting to recreate Thailand style, this tame hair is highly improbable in the REAL Thailand with the extreme humidity (my hair was restricted to top buns and a salty mess) and these PLV heels are highly inappropriate for boarding ferry boats, walking the markets and hopping over garbage along the streets.







Wearing:



Bag, sunnies, and jewelry all purchased from Thailand markets (but shop similar items below)

Also I must mention I had the absolute best time in Thailand with One Love Yoga. Any fellow yogis are adventure seekers, be sure to check out their page HERE and attend their classes in Vancouver or hop on their next retreat to Nicaragua or Thailand! Have a wonderful rest of your week!

Love, 

MAC

Shop the post!



22 comments on "Thai Style"
  1. You are just too precious in this jumper! I love it on you! That lipstick works so well too - go girl!!

    Jenna
    Visions of Vogue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jennifer haha - I'm living in a state of colourful denial of the snow still left here.

      Delete
  2. Love the mix of colors and patterns! So pretty!

    Lindsey
    Thrift and Shout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey! Maybe went a bit overkill on all the colours but everything was so vibrant in Thailand so I tried to match it :)

      Delete
  3. love this look on you, so vibrant and stylish! cant wait to pick up some goodies when i go soon!!

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hanh! So excited to hear about your Thailand experience :)

      Delete
  4. I love love love this jumpsuit on you! I've been looking for one myself, but have only come across one coloured ones. So glad to see that Anthro has printed ones! :)

    www.tseparfait.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ren! I know, I'd been on the hunt too and when I saw this on the hanger, it was probably a 5-second buy. Good luck with your hunt!

      Delete
  5. I keep saying it… riding an elephant in Thailand is at the top of my bucket list! One 'o these days, it'll have to happen! In any case, I am supremely jealous of the way you rock this romper! The print is fabulous and you've accessorized it perfectly!
    : signe : the daily savant :
    : blogspot
    : bloglovin
    Enter the JuicyCanvas giveaway : HERE :

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look lovely my love :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the look! And your disclaimer for the hair and shoes ;)

    xoxo - Erica

    bolts and arrows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you Erica! Yes there's absolutely zero chance my hair would look like that or I'd wear heels of ANY sort in Thailand, but it's fun to play with options back here at home :)

      Delete
  8. lovely style, i love love the colours of your outfit :)

    www.ohsoboheme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this outfit, especially the lips!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely love this outfit! you look like you belong by the beach x

    morerebe.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could pull this off! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Toronto is beginning to depress me.
    Spring appears to never be coming. I do however like this look and these photos!
    You must have been so cold ahaah ...wish I could pull this off too : )

    -Dominique xx

    http://domxwisdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute jumper! LOVE the blue pumps. Fabulous outfit, pretty lady!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look great and the color in these photos is awesome. That jumpsuit is totally Thailand. I love it!! Dont worry, it will warm up soon. You don't even look cold at all ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the way you styled it too!! The bright colors are perfect & Thailand must be so much fun :)

    Ali xx
    Pretty in Python

    ReplyDelete