Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

Winter Whites

2/04/2014
It's February, friends!

Also known as the second most depressing month in my books, at least weather-wise. I have slight season affective disorder, so when I don't see the sun for days on end, my mood just hangs out in the dumps. Except not THIS February, seeing as I leave for sunny Koh Phangan, Thailand for a yoga retreat on the 15th (cue squeal). SUPER thankful I'm jetting off the day after Valentine's Day or I'm not sure I'd survive - this is my first being all by my lonesome in years... Kidding, I'm not that dramatic. Sorry to rub it in, Canadian and cold-weather friends, but I'll be treating my single lady self to a big ole' pina colada on the beach.

For those of you who know me, probably know I collect white dresses like it's my business. Anytime I can wear white, I do, even to brighten my mood up this February.











Wearing:

Nastygal "Tribal Fringe" Necklace (Sold out but similar style from Urban Outfitters HERE)

Dress from "Honey Boutique"

White Trench from "Holt Renfrew"


Beige Suede Wedges by "Vince Camuto" (Beige sold out, but similar HERE and HERE)


Have an amazing first week of February - remember, only 136 more days until summer... ugh.

Love,

MAC

29 comments on "Winter Whites"
  1. so stunning girl! i love this white washed look with red lips and that dress is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melissa! I didn't realize how much the red lip would stand out against the otherwise all-white look but it turned out pretty cool! :)

      Delete
  2. Great pictures & ensemble! I've just come back from the arctic circle.. I looked extremely unglamorous for the entire time in my snowsuit so I shan't be making THAT blog post into a fashion article ;) but I also can't cope without large thermals in any sort of snow. You are brave! it worked well :)

    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way, what an adventure I bet! Fashion or not, I'd love to read about that trip! Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. I love this outfit, it's so elegant. xxx

    http://floradorarose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I am the same way with the weather blues!!

    Beth
    www.bethandbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! I know, after the Christmas/New Year's holiday passes, I just can't deal with the cold and grey skies. Can't wait for spring!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful look! Love the white on white

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so funny that you posted 136 days until summer... I just wrote a post about how I loooong for summer!

    Amazing look with the snow as the backdrop!

    Heather xoxo
    www.aworldofboundlesscuriosity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Heather! I know, this winter has probably been the worst in terms of snowstorms/ice storms and cold weather that I can remember in Toronto. So I've been doing lots of hot yoga and sitting in saunas imagining I was elsewhere haha, thanks for the sweet comment!

      Delete
  7. I'm jealous of you, your clothes, and the fact that you have access to gorgeous backdrops like this one. Looking gorg! Love the winter white!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Stephanie! Granted the snow LOOKS beautiful, but to live it for 6+ months of the year, not so beautiful. And thank you!! xo

      Delete
  8. Seriously in love with this look. We're almost in spring! Hang in there!
    xo,
    Al
    www.sparklesandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allie! Ahh almost, it doesn't get warm here until mid-May but luckily, I'll be off finding summer in Thailand in less than a week :)

      Delete
  9. Amazing total white look.. love the clutch :)

    The Cutielicious
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    Federica

    ReplyDelete
  10. your style is Beautiful! Lovely post! xx
    http://ablogbyaliceolivia.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes, I think grass is always greener on the other side. I wouldn't mind having some coldness from your side. It's freaking hot here! Like 39 degrees Celcius and humid too! Damn..
    Btw, white looks good on you =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well I can tell you we have absolutely no green grass visible these days, so it's definitely greener on your side! But thank you, 39 degrees is prettttty hot. Hopefully there's a nice cold pool nearby!

      Delete
  12. These photos are fabulous! It's like you're camo-ed in with the snow!
    : signe : the daily savant :
    : blogspot
    : bloglovin
    Handmade Silver Bracelet Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  13. great white outfit!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look gorgeous! Loving this color combo!

    Cheers, VS
    www.whiskeyandproper.com

    ReplyDelete