Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

Love is in the Hair

2/14/2014
Happy Valentine's Day to all you lovely readers!

Today marks my last day in Canada before I take off to Thailand tomorrow for our 3 week yoga retreat - so unbelievably excited. Also, it makes spending Valentine's Day solo this year a little more bearable. Between my rushing around tonight on last minute trip errands and packing, we were able to score a reservation at my absolute FAVOURITE resto in Toronto - Lee by Susur Lee. The modern asian-fusion lounge will be featuring a special Valentine's menu, with dishes created by internationally acclaimed iron chef Susur himself, including my personal fave: the Singaporean Slaw. Dare I say, best Valentine's plan ever?











LET'S TALK HAIR!

I've been getting a lot of comments and questions on my hair in recent posts. First off, thank you I seriously appreciate it! I asked for a very subtle ombre back in the summer at a Toronto salon called Hair on the Avenue. They did a fabulous job with the colour with a nice, easy fade. I'm past due for an update as most of the blonde ends have been chopped off, but the sweet thing about ombre colour is that the natural look doesn't require immediate attention. For styling, I use Sultra: The Bombshell Curling Wand in size 1 inch. It took awhile to get used to, but now I love the waves it creates. In these photos, I actually ran a flat iron over the finished waves to give it even a looser finish.






Wearing:



American Apparel Sheer Hearts Tights (similar HERE and HERE)


Vince Camuto Suede Wedge Booties (similar HERE and HERE)

Hair:


I hope everyone has the most wonderful Valentine's Day, whether you plan to spend the day solo or with someone special, I hope you are surrounded by love and self-love in its purest form.

Talk to you next either from Thailand or after my retreat! Love,

MAC

11 comments on "Love is in the Hair"
  1. Ummmm, yeah, your hair is flipping amazing! I can't wait until I finally manage to completely grow out the "Unfortunate Pixie Cut of 2011." It's taking forever and I cannot wait to get beachy waves back into my life! I've never colored my hair, but I do like to chalk it every so often and I love your subtle ombre! Great inspiration!
    : signe : the daily savant :
    : blogspot
    : bloglovin
    Handmade Silver Bracelet Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks so much Signe! I love your 'do though and kudos to you for being able to rock the pixie cut so well! xo

      Delete
  2. I love the outfit and your hair! Thailand sounds a lot of fun! Have fun!
    love your blog!
    x
    pils13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous outfit Meghan, love the print of the jumpsuit and tights. Hope you have a lovely time in Thailand :)

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really nice romper. Love the floral details.
    Have a great time in Thailand and enjoy the warm weather. It's great to be able to pack light =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this outfit (:


    http://hollybumblebeee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit and your hair! Hope your having a great time in Thailand! x

    wantwearstyle.blogspot.co.uk - Lauren xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ombre hair is amazing! And what a perfect outfit for Valentine's Day! <3

    http://tseparfait.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous outfit! Those tights are ADORBS!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look adorable, and your hair looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete