Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

Kilty as Charged

1/12/2014
Hello Sunday readers!

Currently typing this as I'm watching Leonardo DiCaprio onscreen at the Golden Globes, so excuse me if I trail off or make any distracted typos... I've had a wonderful relaxing weekend at home, and the Toronto area is FINALLY starting to thaw out from our cold snap.

I attended a private school for all my junior and high school years, and at the time, being stuck in a uniform and kilt all day, EVERY day, was the bane of my existence. But years later, here I am back in tartan. 








Wearing: Free People Wide Rimmed Hat, Topshop Quilted Leather Sleeve Jacket, ZARA Black Blouse, Marc by Marc Jacobs "Flipping Out" Tote, Brandy Melville Tartan Skirt, Free People Over-the-Knee Socks, Aldo "Beauchemin" Over-the-Knee Boots

Have an amazing week guys!

MAC

16 comments on "Kilty as Charged"
  1. Dang girl! Completely digging this ensemble!

    Xo, Michelle
    mash-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that marc jacobs tote. I'm also the same way, lived in this for private and catholic school. Seems like I have to bust it out again. Great post!
    xo
    Tiffy
    Blog: CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffy! Haha I know, after high school I couldn't WAIT to have the freedom to wear anything I wanted, but there's something about the plaid print that just screams class which I love.

      Delete
  3. You look great! I live in the UK, so we have to wear uniforms throughout school...none of mine were tartan though! But I'm making up for lost time and fully embracing the tartan trend now. Also loving those warm looking knee-highs under the boots

    Natalie | Just a Thought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo I didn't know that about UK schools! And yes same, loving all the affordable but stylish tartan pieces trending now, and you can tone down the prep-school girl look by adding some leather and accessories :)

      Delete
  4. Damn,you're perfect!:)
    I so love you're bag and outfit.
    /love your every-and this-post/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Sabine! Definitely not perfect, you can ask my high school where I got several detentions for "uniform infractions" but thank you!

      Delete
  5. Hello lovely, thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, I really appreciate it! :D

    You look absolutely gorgeous here, looking forward to your next post!

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen that's super sweet of you to stop by. Also looking forwards to more of your posts!

      Delete
  6. I love this outfit, the skirt is perfect! :)

    floraldanielle.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love the plaid skirt and the bag, you look stunning!

    http://www.mursway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well this is quit the step up from your school girl days. Love this look. And love the ombre high lights too. For me it is Christian Bale...

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the outfit! And I have the same bag as you but in brown/red, hehe :)

    www.lamechic.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous! love you post titles too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so super cute!!!! Love the skirt and the boots and the socks! Great styling! Love your blog and your style!

    xo, Kenya

    www.kenyalfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete