Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

JW Marriott, Cancun

1/04/2014
Last winter, I was fortunate enough to jet off on a 4-day getaway to Cancun, Mexico. I'll be honest, I used to think of Cancun as the setting of a rowdy, dirty spring break film, and I had to eat my words.

Maybe it's because we went in November, but everything was pristine. The ocean had a sandy bottom and clear visibility for snorkelling, and you could walk out a quite a ways before the water would reach your waist on a calm day. The sand was white and soft, the food was incredible, and our resort was absolutely beautiful.

We stayed at the JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa, and due to our short time, we only left the resort once.


Balcony view. Mint!


The JW Marriott has one 14-foot outdoor dive pool with an artificial reef. You can learn the basics of scuba with instructors at the resort.


Our stay also included the Marriott Continental Breakfast, which I really wish I took photos of. Definitely the best breakfast/lunch variety I've ever seen, including everything from smoked salmon and fresh tuna to Mexican tacos and shrimp cerviche. Bueno!



The main infinity-edge pool overlooking the ocean was by far my favourite part of the resort.



Tropical blended drinks from the BeachWalk bar.


New friend!


Beautiful sunsets on this beach! Some people prefer a cloudless sky; for me, I think the clouds bring depth and character, making a sunset never the same twice.



We went for dinner next door at the Marriott CasaMagna Mikado Japanese restaurant. The teppanyaki chefs cooked right at our table, always a fun time! Plus, doesn't sushi taste that much better when you're beside the ocean?


My sister and I enjoying the tropical night breeze.


Legitimately "hanging out" on the edge of the infinity pool. So great!


I had one of the most fantastic massages ever at the JW Spa. This is the view from the spa showers... not bad!


The ocean is my favourite place to be.


Wearing: Free People beach cover-up, Ray-Ban Wayfarers





Cannot wait to revisit one day.

Mucho amor,

MAC
8 comments on "JW Marriott, Cancun"
  1. Cancun looks amazing! i'll be there this year! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice when are you going?? Do you know what hotel you're staying at? It really is beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Wow, this so beautiful&amazing! :3
    This sea is wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sabine, it was even more beautiful than the photos!

      xo

      Delete
  3. I know, Cancun is actually so beautiful, although I must admit I did go there one spring break in high school and acted in a way I would never want to have to watch footage of, the place itself is so pretty. Love the photos you took. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha awesome! Thank you for stopping by, yes it was really beautiful I was pleasantly surprised.

      Delete
  4. wonderful photos! you have confirmed the Marriott is the place for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for.

    cancun vacations

    ReplyDelete