Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

Stained Glass

12/13/2013
Happiest Friday, bloggers!

Man, am I happy to see the weekend. I don't know about you, but this week has felt painfully slow, and the cold snap of weather in the GTA has been SO not ideal. But come this weekend I have our office Christmas party tomorrow night to dress up for, and I jet off to warmer weather Sunday for a few days.

If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that I'm absolutely obsessed with Mara Hoffman the designer. (Also pictured wearing Mara in my travel posts from Maui and Kaua'i). Her prints are absolutely one of a kind and instantly recognizable. The clothing, swimwear and handbag line draws much of its inspiration from Mara's personal travels around the world, in particular to indigenous folk art cultures, along with nature and fantasy. Basically, Mara Hoffman represents the life I want to one day experience myself.


I wore this outfit to my sorority semi-formal a few weeks ago. I paired the already very loud-printed dress with a gold tribal fringe necklace from Nastygal and my favourite Sam Edelman Zoe booties. (Links below). 



Pictured with beautiful Cassie at our sorority semi-formal pre-drink. Cassie is wearing the "Raeanne Paisley" print dress from Club Monaco.


Myself and a few of my Alpha Class sisters at our semi-formal. Cheers!



A snap of smokin-hot KC and I. KC is a fellow blogger, check her blog out HERE!


Wearing: Mara Hoffman "Slit Back" Dress (HUGE discount at Zappos HERE or Revolve HERE), Nastygal "Tribal Fringe" Necklace, Sam Edelman "Zoe" booties.

I hope everyone has an incredible weekend. I'm hoping to finish up all my Christmas shopping to rest easy... but we'll see. I'm a known procrastinator.

Love,

MAC
6 comments on "Stained Glass"
  1. Hey, i really like your blog and your pictures.

    you want to follow each other via gfc and bloglovin ?

    i would be happy :) www.catpuff-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katya! Thanks so much!! I'd love to follow your blog, I don't have GFC yet but as of now I'm following you on bloglovin. You have a great blog as well, I love your mix of style and travel posts :)

      Delete
  2. love this post and the dress!
    definitely want to travel and explore one day, it's so inspiring!


    eatsleepblog-repeat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rima! I have this favourite quote I saw recently that couldn't ring more true for myself: "I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met." Gotta keep exploring! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Love the dress! Only you could pull off such a design!

    Xo, Michelle
    mash-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Mash, I should really start blogging outfits from different designers besides Free People and Mara but I love them too much! Sad I missed you in Florida but I'll hopefully be back very soon <3

      Delete