Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

Maui Summer

12/08/2013
Aloha! This is a travel post of my summer's incredible vacation to Maui, Hawaii. Missing the tropical breeze and saltwater dearly in this December cold.

We were fortunate enough to get an oceanfront condo at the Marriott Maui Ocean Club on Ka'anapali Beach on the west side of the island. Blessed with beautiful blue skies and sunsets every single evening of our stay, Maui remains to be my favourite place I've ever been.




Wearing: Mara Hoffman "Pow Wow" Monokini, Brixton "Alana" Hat (now on sale!)


If you're ever in Maui, going to the town of Paia is an absolute MUST. Bohemian clothing boutiques line the street, cozy coffee/smoothie shops and tiny but amazing seafood restaurants are abundant. If anything, this shop is the epitome of Paia. Alice in Hulaland sells hippie-esque clothing, accessories, jewelry, and even ukeleles!  


Infamous surfboard fence in Paia. Wearing: Beach fringe cover up by Victoria's Secret PINK.


On the road to Hana, a 52-mile-long winding road. Sounds simple, but by winding I mean it has 620 curves and 59 one-car-at-a-time bridges. Insane (but insanely beautiful and worthwhile) drive to the black sand beach town of Hana.


Taken with a GoPro Hero, my sister and I went for a swim and snorkel where we met a giant green Honu (sea turtle) just off Black Rock, Ka'anapali. Wearing: Maaji "Ladies and Gentlecats" bikini from Kayoko Swimwear. Now on sale!




Looking for cheap but tasty eats in Lahaina? Look no further than Aloha Mixed Plate (AMP). Specializing in mixed plates from various Hawaiian ethnic groups, every plate comes with two scoops of rice and one scoop of macaroni salad. I had the Korean kalbi mixed plate, which is basically marinated beef ribs and a lava flow to drink, which is a pina colada with strawberry syrup. Amazing!


Enjoying the tropical air! Wearing: Free People crop top, Winter Kate printed "Lila" shorts (on sale!) and the "Lyric Waterfall" necklace by Vanessa Mooney I picked up at Nuage Bleu boutique in Paia.


Just making this post has me so nostalgic! I can't wait to get back. Mucho aloha and love,

MAC

1 comment on "Maui Summer"
  1. Take me with you next time! Everything looks stunning.
    Makes me want to be on the beach NOW!

    Xo, Michelle
    mash-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete