Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

Little Lattice Mermaid

12/22/2013
Rain, rain, go away. The weather was les miserables today and yesterday in the Toronto area, and I'm severely missing the warm Floridian sun. I guess you could say one of the "cons" of travelling is the amount of time you spend at home daydreaming about what your life could be like if you lived somewhere else. I made a promise to myself I will eventually live abroad for at least a short amount of time, and those plans are slowly setting themselves in motion.

These photos were snapped on our second last day in Florida. We drove to the sound coast to Anna Maria point - a beautiful little beach town with colourful shops and houses along the strip and an amazing 7 mile-long white sand beach.


Swimwear by Mara Hoffman in the Frida Lattice One-Piece design (unfortunately now sold out in black). I'm loving the way designers are getting creative with one-pieces again. A simple cut out or design can take a one-piece from old lady to young and fresh, leaving more to the imagination than an itsy bitsy bikini.


Love this floppy "Alana" taupe straw sun hat by Brixton.



This dainty gold necklace lets me always bring the sunshine with me. I ordered this online from a California-based shop called The Valley of Art. Highly recommend, the sole shop owner and jewelry designer has incredibly unique, well-made jewelry, art, and home textiles. It's so nice to see someone put their love and heart into what they create, you go girl!




Mermaid perfume! Perfect for real mermaids looking for a light, fresh scent, Mermaid No. 1 smells like orange blossom trees in the spring. I read about this on Amber Fillerup's Barefoot Blonde blog and knew it was meant to be.




Wearing: Mara Hoffman "Frida Lattice" One-Piece, Brixton "Alana" taupe straw sun hat, Etsy "Pretty Gold Sun" Necklace by The Valley of Art, Mermaid "Mermaid No. 1" perfume.

Love love,

MAC
9 comments on "Little Lattice Mermaid"
  1. Such a pretty pictures doll ! you look lovely ! would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ambi! You have such a pretty name I've never heard of it before! And yes absolutely, thanks for stopping by, following you now :)

      Delete
  2. Love the outfit!! You are really pretty!!
    About leaving abroad, you should go for it! I lived abroad twice and they were great experience, specially learning a new language! :)
    xo
    pils13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pili that's so nice to read! Where abouts abroad did you live/what language did you learn?? I would absolutely love to!

      p.s. scoping your blog now, welcome to the world of blogging, we'll be newbies together!

      Delete
    2. hahah I've lived in Paraguay and Brazil! Its crazy! I learned Portuguese and improved my English!! Thank you for checking my website! love yours!

      Delete
    3. Two places I absolutely need to visit! That's awesome that you were able to learn and improve those languages too. Hope you have an amazing holiday! :)

      Delete
  3. Have a magical Merry Christmas doll :) thanks for the follow !! followed back :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi doll just wanna to let you know that i am also following you Facebook, twitter, insta and pinterest :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you're amazing!! Merry Christmas Ambi and have a happy holiday, will absolutely follow back! :)

      Delete