Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

I Heart New York

12/22/2013
Something about Christmas time always brings me back to New York City. Maybe it's the way Rockefeller Center buzzes with ice skaters, or the way Central Park is so beautifully lit up at night. All I know is when snow falls in New York City, something feels like magic.

Although these photos weren't taken at Christmas time, I've taken several trips to Manhattan and I got to spend a week in the big apple two summers ago and then again last winter.


Times Square hustle and bustle.


All year round, these trees around Rockefeller Center sparkle.


We usually stay at the beautiful Marriott Marquis in the heart of Times Square. I can never get over the sky-high lobby and elevator tower in this hotel! Located right off Broadway, the Marriott is walking distance from unlimited restos and nightlife.


So bundled at the Rockefeller Center. However cold it's supposed to be in the city, multiply that by 3. The high rise buildings make the wind brutal! Wearing: Aritzia "Deerfield Toggle" Coat, Urban Outfitters lace headband.



View from atop the Empire State building.


Our afternoon at the Met! This is definitely my favourite museum I've been to in NYC, showcasing the masterpieces of artists from Van Gogh and Monet, to Stieglitz and Picasso.




Wearing: Holt Renfrew tweed blazer.



American Museum of Natural History. Dinos, mammoths, and replicas of natural history that will make your mind run wild.


MINAMOTO Kitchoan!!! Okay so if you're not of asian descent or have some asian influences in your life, you PROBABLY won't know what mochi or wagashi is. Hailing from Japan, wagashi are typically gelatinous confectionary treats usually served with tea (and very delicious). Minamoto does it right.



My sister and I at the L O V E art sculpture.


Wearing: Free People khaki jacket.


Crumbs Bake Shop, heaven in NYC.


Times Square after seeing Wicked on Broadway. INCREDIBLE show, even more amazing talent, I can't wait to see it again. Wearing: Free People "Secret Garden" Shift Dress, Aritzia "Deerfield Toggle" Coat.

Are you headed anywhere for the holidays? Share, I want to hear/read all about it!

Love, 

MAC
4 comments on "I Heart New York"
  1. My God! this makes me miss NY so much!!! The pictures are lovely!!!
    x
    pils13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't NYC something else? So much to see and do it's overwhelming and I never get enough!

      Delete
  2. I scrolled through your post more than once! It makes me homesick! I'm from NY, transplanted to Maryland when I got married...absolutely love Crumbs!! Aren't they addicting? (and all the shopping too!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crumbs was SO incredible. And I am super thankful they have mini cupcake versions of these huge ones so I got to try more than one flavour! Definitely can't wait to head back! Hope you have a wonderful holiday Stephanie!

      Delete