Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

Holiday Party Wear

12/09/2013
So I can't even begin to describe my elation at a small Christmas miracle I experienced over the weekend. Saturday night was supposed to be a wild, Carleton University alumni reunion for those of us now living in the Toronto area. I put on my little black dress, got all dolled up for a fun night out with old friends, and somewhere along the commute downtown, my heart stopped because I'd just realized:

I left my wallet on the GO train. ON. THE. GO. TRAIN.

I frantically re-traced my steps, and running in tall wedge booties in no easy feat, trust me, to find that the train had already left and continued on it's way. There went my Coach wallet, cash, ID, credit/debit cards, everything I needed except my phone (GOD BLESS). 

Heavy hearted, I filled out the lost-items report with zero expectation of getting my things back, cancelled all my cards, and like my little girl high school self, my dad had to come pick me up and take me home because, zero cash. 

I kid you not, I had two dreams in a row of random strangers messaging me via Facebook to tell me they found my things, and woke up to nothing (the worst!) I thought I was still dreaming when my dad woke me Sunday morning to hand me an envelope and say, "Meghan you seriously have a guardian angel". A stranger had personally delivered my entire wallet right to our doorstep in an anonymous envelope with nothing but my name and a Christmas sticker on it, all cash still there along with everything else. 

Whoever you are, you are an incredible human being.





Wearing: Gold statement necklace from Etsy shop (sold out but similar available here), Free People ribbed low-back bodycon dress, Anthropologie gold waist-belt (sold out but similar available ON SALE NOW here and here).

Love,

MAC
2 comments on "Holiday Party Wear"
  1. Wow! That's incredible! The same thing happened to me as a little kid in NYC. Someone mailed my wallet back to Florida without taking anything. I'm so glad to know there are still good people out in the world :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO lucky! I just wish I could thank them, plenty of good karma headed their way!

      Delete