Top Social

fashion & lifestyle blog inspired by the modern bohemian

Gypsy Soul to Blame

12/31/2013
Happy last day of 2013!

I can't believe it's almost 2014. What a year! I'm very excited for everything coming up, I have a good feeling about it. I have lots of travels already booked for the coming months to new places I've never been, including Thailand, South Carolina, Los Cabos, and Southern California. Cannot wait! I also want to say a big thank you to my followers. My blog has been live for just about a month now, and to everyone who reads or comments, it really means a lot to me. Thank you guys!



I found this dress by Gypsy Junkies online and fell in love, paired with a statement necklace from Anthropologie. Even better, it went on sale the weekend of Black Friday at Canadian boutique Wild & Heart, and of course I clicked ORDER NOW! What's awesome about this dress is it's sheer, allowing you to wear any sort of slip or crop top/skirt/shirt combo underneath to play with it's dimensions. This post will show this dress styled in two "seasons" you could say, Toronto winter vs. Florida "winter" (definitely more like an endless summer). Snapped while on my mini-trip to Florida contrasted with a very cold photo shoot back at home, I love how versatile this dress can be (though, I definitely miss the Florida warmth and being able to go barefoot).


I'm a huge fan of the sheer black maxi dresses trending with my style icons this Fall/Winter. However, my budget isn't exactly up to par, and even the Gypsy Junkies dress is normally priced around $200.00, so I found some awesome and more affordable alternatives. 




Wearing: BCBG Heels, ALDO Quilted Clutch, Gypsy Junkies Sasha Lace Dress




Wearing: Anthropologie Statement Necklace


Wearing: ALDO Statement Necklace



I hope you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve! If I can blame the O.C., I'm blaming Summer Roberts for ingraining in my mind that the way you spend your New Year's Eve is how you'll spend the rest of your year... so I plan to spend the night in for the first time in years watching Sex and the City and eating delicious food with a good girl friend of mine. Just a good, low-key girls' night, no boys for us!

Wherever you end up, I hope you have an amazing night that starts your 2014 off right!

MAC
4 comments on "Gypsy Soul to Blame"
  1. like always you look chic !! such a pretty necklace :) Happy New year doll !! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ambi, happy new year to you too! I have a feeling it will be a good year for our blogs :)

      Delete
  2. So gorgeus!!:) Love the necklace!
    http://beautyheel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, happy new year!

      Delete